Senior Mechanical Analyst
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering
Our team is responsible for the design, development, and productization of sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for an innovative self-starter who is excited to work as an exceptional mechanical analyst. In this role you will analyze electronic and mechanical assemblies for our custom compute, controls, and sensor systems.
- Perform structural and dynamic analyses on electronics and electromechanical systems
- Analyze and provide design feedback on components designed by team members
- Mentor team members in analytical and simulation techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define requirements and incorporate model feedback
- 7+ years of experience in structural and dynamic analyses of electronics
- Experience with fatigue analysis due to dynamic environments
- Experience in testing mechanical systems to validate simulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Experience in thermal analysis
- Background in Automotive or Aerospace Industries
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.