Fremont, CA /
Corporate Quality – Quality /
The Quality Engineer will support the Zoox Corporate Quality and Reliability organization through the development of quality-related specifications and requirements to ensure that Zoox’s product and service deliver an exceptional level of quality that meets the defined standards/specifications and exceeds customer expectations. As part of a daily routine, the Quality Engineer will interact with many different parties including suppliers, internal departments, and service organizations in the respective field. Zoox will rely upon Quality Engineers with different competencies and areas of focus, such as New Product Development, Body/Trim, Electrical, Vehicle Mechanics, Fastening, Test/Systems. While most of the work will be done at our Fremont facility, there will be at our Foster City HQ as well.
- Define and monitor Quality control activities through the entire product life cycle starting from design through supporting quality definition
- Design & Process FMEA analysis
- Drawing review activities to define part quality requirements. (Plating, Crimping, etc)
- Development and definition of vehicle quality requirements
- Inspecting built prototype vehicles and highlighting potential design issues or quality issues
- Driving root cause/corrective action and issue resolution,
- Monitoring field Quality performance and taking actions to fix quality issues (failure analysis, recall campaigns, etc.).
- Contribute to the definition and improvement of Zoox Quality Policy and Manual.
- Create the procedures, instructions, and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9000 and similar).
- Technical Degree in applicable field (Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Materials, Industrial)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality engineering (electronic /mechanical / testing)
- Understanding of automotive AIAG requirements such as FMEA process / Control Plan / APQP/PPAP
- Experience through the entire automotive product life cycle
- Able to work fully independent with minimal supervision
- Startup environment where he/she had to develop and implement quality processes and business systems
- Past manufacturing engineering experience with specific knowledge in metal stamping/casting or injection molding processes
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 supplier experience
- Process Improvement certification (Lean Six Sigma / Shainin)
- CATIA V5/V6 experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.