Technical Program Management Intern
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Technical Program Management
As a technical program management intern, you will work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to coordinate the execution of platform solutions that enable cutting edge self-driving car technology platforms to operate in challenging automotive conditions. You will get the opportunity to work with some of the industry’s top engineers from automotive, robotics and aerospace backgrounds on difficult and exciting platforms. Opportunities exist for computing systems and sensors projects, based on candidate interest and fit.
Summer 2019 Internship - Accepting applications through April 1, 2019
For students able to start between May 1 and June 15 of 2019
Minimum of 12 week internship
- Develop cross-functional understanding of program objectives and dependencies
- Support programs as they move through relevant phases (e.g. conceptualization, design, development, test, launch) including running meetings, monitoring and tracking progress against deliverables and action items, and updating scheduleIdentify and track risks.
- Recommend and drive mitigation plansIdentify and execute improvements to program management process, such as issue tracking and change control process
What You'll Need
- Candidate for undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project or Smartsheets
- Proficiency with GSuite (preferred) or Microsoft Office
- At least one previous co-op or internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- At least one previous co-op or internship in Robotics, Aerospace or Automotive companies.
- Prior experience in delivering product from design concept phase to production release
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.