Test Automation Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering /
Zoox is looking for a test automation engineer to join our EE Systems Testing team. In this role, you will work to automate the testing of ECUs and mechatronic components inside Zoox’s robots. Your focus will include developing code to automate equipment, designing test fixtures, and performing thoughtful data analysis and visualization. You will also help guide best practices and support the wider organization in their ongoing test automation needs.
- You will develop/maintain test scripts to support validation testing of automotive ECUs
- You will write Python packages to automate test equipment and data acquisition
- You will perform and automate analysis on large datasets
- You will create data visualizations and test reports that clearly illustrate the results from testing
- You will support electrical design of test fixtures for various mechatronic systems around the vehicle
- BS in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, mechatronics or other relevant background
- Experience with data acquisition equipment and sensors
- Working proficiency in Python, with a focus on the following: reading and writing to test equipment (SCPI, VISA, PySerial, etc), data manipulation/analysis, with large (multiple GB) datasets, data visualization.
- Familiarity with the basics of CAN bus communication
- Deeper experience with embedded systems and programming (Arduino, C/C++, PCB layout)
- Proficiency with 3D CAD software (CATIA or SolidWorks preferred)
- Strong passion for multi-disciplinary engineering, ideally illustrated through personal hobbies/projects
- Experience working with SQL or other relational database
- Solid electronics fundamentals, comfortable working with ECUs and performing basic electrical debugging tasks
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.