Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Foster City, CA
Software – Software Validation & Quality Assurance
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
As an Engineering Manager supporting Software QA you will help accelerate our product development by leading a team of developers to build the safest and most reliable autonomous driving software possible. As developers build new features, your and your team will develop extensive test plans, design simulated tests to execute many different scenarios, and triage issues seen during on-vehicle testing. These efforts are critical to exposing unforeseen failure modes, implementation bugs, and other issues as a result of new feature development. You will participate regularly in vehicle testing missions where you will see these new features behaving in the real world.
Following these missions, you will help to triage and root cause issues seen during testing and will help to analyze test results to ensure existing functionality does not regress from release to release. Your ability to distill complex systems and root cause issues will be critical to producing a safe and stable vehicle platform.
- Experience with designing and implementing test strategies that scale across multiple test teams
- Experience developing detailed test plans and writing tests
- Experience triaging and root causing software bugs
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and performing QA activities
- Desire to develop robust tests that ensure our driving behaviors are always improving
- You should have strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience with Linux
- Passion for autonomous robots
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related field
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.