Sensor Systems Engineer - Sensor Modeling & Simulation
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Sensor Engineering /
Zoox is looking for a sensor systems engineer to join our Advanced Hardware Engineering team and ensure that our sensor suite satisfies high-level requirements and guarantees the safe operation of our vehicle. This role requires a strong grasp of radiometric models for sensors, as well as a good understanding of the algorithms ingesting sensor data in order to be able to evaluate sensor failures and their impact on perception.
- Work closely with sensor engineers to develop and validate sensor system-level models
- Perform sensitivity studies to evaluate the impact of sensor data degradation on algorithm outputs
- Work with HIL engineers to define error fault models and collaborate to HIL testing plans
- Define and conduct experiments to understand sensor performance in the lab and in the field
- Perform data analysis and present results cross-functionally
- BS or MS in engineering, physics or relevant field and 5+ years of experience, or
- PhD in engineering, physics or relevant field and 2+ years of experience
- Advanced experience modeling sensor data products in Matlab or Python
- Advanced technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in camera, LiDAR, and radar systems
- Basic experience writing C++ code
- Basic understanding of artificial intelligence algorithms used to process sensor data
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience modeling sensors for autonomous vehicles (camera, LiDAR, radar)
- Experience performing sensor HIL testing
- Experience developing safety-critical systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.