Sensor Systems Engineer - Sensor Modeling & Simulation
Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Sensor Engineering
The Zoox Sensor Systems Engineer should be a highly self-driven and organized individual, and is expected to work across the company in a cross-functional role. The goal is to ensure that our sensor suite satisfies high-level requirements and guarantees the safe operation of the vehicle. This candidate should have a strong grasp of the physics of electro-optical systems, including cameras, lidar and radar, as well as a good understanding of the algorithms ingesting sensor data.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams (Software, Electrical, Optical, Mechanical, System Design and Mission Assurance)
- Work closely with Sensors Engineers to develop sensor models
- Validate sensor models and perform sensitivity studies
- Establish the methodology for a model-based approach for Sensor Systems
- Define and conduct experiments to understand sensor performance in the lab and in the field
- Analyze data and present results cross-functionally
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering, Physics or relevant field and 5+ years of experience, or
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics or relevant field and 2+ years of experience
- Experience in sensor modeling and data analysis in high-level language (Matlab or Python)
- Deep technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in camera, LiDAR, and radar systems
- Cross-functional collaboration to determine system requirements, through a combination of field testing or analysis and experience in presenting results
- Experience on Sensors for Autonomous Vehicles (Camera, LiDAR, Radar)
- Experience in design and execution of experiments
- Experience on Safety-Critical Systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.