Technical Product Manager - Returnship
Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – Technical Product Management /
The Path Forward Return-to-Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least five years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
Zoox is excited to welcome returners because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a non-profit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
Zoox is building autonomous mobility from the ground up. We believe that being good stewards of the world involves shared transportation. Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments. We will handle the driving, charging, maintenance, and upgrades for our fleet of vehicles. The rider will simply pay for the service.
Our success depends on tight collaboration between software, hardware and operations. The key to this is our small, technical product management team.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join us. At Zoox, technical product managers work closely with teams throughout the organization. Embedded within teams, we work to improve our driving behavior, our testing (real driving and simulated) and our service readiness.
- Thoughtfully steward a portfolio of Software products
- Grow teams’ understanding of users
- Work closely with Engineering and Design teams to solve our most pressing problems
- 3+ years of product management experience
- A growth mindset and comfortability with not knowing and making mistakes
- A technical background and ability to learn and understand complex concepts
- Curiosity and a desire to figure out how to make things better for people
- Experience leading with empathy and an ability to affect outcomes with influence instead of authority
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Experience stewarding products through the lifecycle in a relevant space
- Ability to thrive in a growing organization
- Broad appreciation for how different industries introduce new products
- Perspective about where and when innovation can be discovered
The salary range for this position is $146k to $240k. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Additional benefits may be offered.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.