Manager, Service Engineering
Foster City, CA /
Fleet Operations – Base Operations /
The Base Operations team at Zoox is looking for a Service Engineering Manager to supervise and lead a group of individuals during the development, testing, and sustaining phases of our products. In this role, you will support the creation of solutions to resolve complex technical issues. Working with your team, you will develop the overall serviceability objectives and project specifications, along with detailed plans to keep everything on schedule and within the allocated budget. You will present comprehensive reports, findings, and opportunities to reduce cost and time. You will carry-on the roadmap and identify areas of risk. You keep the team on target and be a passionate advocate for our objectives and the Zoox mission.
- Ownership of the Service Engineering specifications and overall deliverables.
- Review and approve part and assembly design, from concept to detail design to manufacturing introduction.
- Provide support and guidance for the technical documentation program.
- Active engagement in tooling design, development, sourcing, and roadmap.
- Perform tooling validation with support technicians and engineers.
- Interact with design, engineering, and manufacturing to provide feedback and analysis that supports our recommendations.
- Provide active engagement in the hiring process and train incoming staff.
- Monitor employee performance and facilitate quarterly performance reviews.
- Initiate procedures, standards, and administrative policies.
- Demonstrated successful experience in mechanical engineering within a product design and manufacturing environment.
- Experience with designing and developing products through their full lifecycle.
- Experience compiling comprehensive analysis into executive summaries.
- 3-5 years of management experience in a high-paced work environment.
- 5-7 years of mechanical/industrial engineering experience.
- BS in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Excellent communication, math, leadership, analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to build relationships and understand levers to implement service solutions.
- An inspirational leader that empowers people to deliver at the highest quality standards.
- Experience with electric vehicles and autonomous systems technology
- Experience in a Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organization
- Strong 3D CAD experience, CATIA a plus
- Proficiency in Jira/Confluence, MS Office, and Google Suites
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.