Foster City, CA
Software – Infrastructure
Shipping the software that powers Zoox's revolutionary autonomous vehicles is an extremely challenging job. The job of the Release Engineer is a critical link in Zoox’s development feedback loop. You will have the opportunity to act as a force multiplier for the whole organization by improving our overall build and release process. We’re looking for engineers with both a strong technical background in build systems, version control, and continuous integration systems.
Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime, and the release engineer role is critical for our success.
- Take disparate pull requests developed by our software engineers, combine them into a cohesive release, and help shepherd that release through our verification, validation, and overarching QA process.
- Interface with many development teams to help coordinate development activity around a given release.
- Improve our overall build and release process.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, math, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of industry experience working on large code bases
- Proficiency with Python & familiarity with C++
- Experience with Linux and systems programming
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Great communication skills.
- Experience with Bazel
- Deep proficiency with Git
- Experience with continuous integration systems and automating the continuous integration process.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.