Foster City, CA
Manufacturing Operations – Engineering
As an intern on the Manufacturing team, you will be working alongside those responsible for planning, developing, and improving our manufacturing and production lines. You will be responsible for helping us transition towards being a more production-ready company.
At Zoox, you will collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as A.I. and robotics. You’ll master new technologies while working on hardware development in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
Spring Semester Internship 2019 Accepting applications through December 1, 2018
For students able to start between January 1 and February 15 of 2019
Minimum of 15 week internship
Summer 2019 Internship Accepting applications through April 1, 2019
For students able to start between May 1 and June 15 of 2019
Minimum of 12 week internship
What you'll need
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1-2 years of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Proficiency with CAD
- Proficiency with CATIA
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Previous experience in the automotive industry
- Previous experiences in a manufacturing/engineering environment
- Experience with automation development, CNC machined parts, fixture design, adhesives and dispensing systems, etc.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.