CAE Occupant Safety Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the Vehicle Safety performance. This role will be responsible for performing the occupant safety simulation activities through the virtual and physical development phases, and to sign off and certification. Using analysis, reporting and excellent communication skills to give clear inputs to the safety attribute team to ensure complete vehicle safety targets are met. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Support vehicle level safety targets to support the Zoox safety strategy.
- Take ownership of the occupant safety CAE and support balancing with other Vehicle Integration Attributes.
- Setting up the vehicle, dummy, restraints models.
- Support the correlation virtual / physical.
- Support the overall vehicle structural analysis with respect to various attributes.
- Support virtual DVPs and execute accordingly.
- Suggest countermeasure design solutions.
- Generate virtual analysis engineering reports.
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Experienced with FMVSS and other legal and consumer safety protocols.
- Extensive experience in virtual development in occupant safety CAE using LSdyna or Madymo.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.