Foster City, CA /
Experience – UI/UX Design /
Creative Technologists at Zoox invent and prototype new interactions through tangible experiences that are foundational to design iteration, user research, and refining Zoox’s autonomous user interactions. As part of the Experience team, Creative Technologists work closely with visual, sonic, and interaction designers to create lo-fidelity and high-fidelity idea explorations and solutions. Bridging the gap between design vision and production reality, creative technologists also collaborate with Zoox’s software, firmware, and hardware teams to translate these prototypes into Zoox’s fully autonomous fleet.
- Invent and prototype new physical and digital interactions for autonomous vehicles
- Design and create both lo-fidelity and hi-fidelity experiences for design iteration and user research
- Explore, recommend, validate and push custom hardware and software ideas to their limits, while keeping cohesive design and actionable changes in sight
- Shape the Zoox experience by blending visual, sonic and interaction design intentions into a collective experience
- Work dynamically across programming languages, organizational structures and test rigs to translate design intention into software/hardware reality
- 2+ years of experience programming in Python and C++
- Strong background in design principles and processes
- Experience working closely with technical and design focused teams
- Experience working with custom hardware and/or sensor inputs in dynamic environments/installations
- Past creative applications of OpenCV, openFrameworks or other video processing frameworks
- Familiarity with audio processing and other real-time sensor data manipulation
- Experience with APIs/Automation for design tools (Figma, Adobe Premiere, Reaper DAW)
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.