Occupant Protection Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds such as robotics, control, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the Vehicle Safety performance. This person will lead the occupant safety integration activities through virtual and physical development phases using analysis, reporting, and certification to ensure complete vehicle safety targets are met. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Support vehicle level safety targets to support the Zoox safety strategy
- Cascade vehicle level target into clear metrics for the seat, restraints, etc system and component engineering teams
- Take ownership of the occupant safety performance and support balancing with other Vehicle Integration Attributes
- Lead the safety development of occupant restraints from a vehicle integration point
- Develop virtual and physical DVPs and execute accordingly
- Track performance status and report out at project gateways
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering, or related field
- Experienced with FMVSS and other legal and consumer safety protocols
- Extensive experience in Vehicle Safety performance development
- Strong analytical and communication skills
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.