Software QA Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Engineering – Software
As our Software QA Engineer, you will help accelerate our product development by helping our developers build the safest and most reliable vehicle possible. As developers build new features, you will help them build tests for their features exposing failure modes and bugs. Your work building tests in our simulator and using real-world log data will be critical to producing a safe and stable vehicle platform. Your tests will be run on every line of code that our developers produce giving them confidence that their code is ready to be run on our vehicles.
At Zoox, you will also collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, controls, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, and design.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, math, or related field
- Experience with scripting, automation, and test development
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Fluency in Python and / or C / C++
- Experience creating automated tests
- You should love automating things
- Extensive experience with programming and backend systems
- Be a Linux guru
- Experience with performance / scalability testing, security testing, Test Driven Development
- Experience handling large data sets
- Experience with SQL
- Solid understanding of ROS
- Passion for autonomous robots
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.