Simulation Engineer, Vehicle Dynamics
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Integration Engineering
At Zoox you will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering. In this role, you will master novel simulation technologies to accelerate vehicle development and support a high quality and safe product at launch. You will work cross-functionally to develop physical and data-driven vehicle models to simulate the vehicle dynamics behavior of our robot accurately in complex and dynamic maneuvers. You will develop tools to assess well-understood, conventional vehicle dynamics attributes, but also explore new frameworks for assessing performance in the absence of a driver. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
- Architect approach to using modern simulation technologies to accelerate vehicle dynamics performance assessment and development.
- Develop models (physical and empirical) to improve realism of vehicle dynamics simulations.
- Develop tools to analyze, correlate and support vehicle dynamics testing.
- Masters degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Strong background in multi-body simulation, numerical methods, dynamic optimization and parameter inference.
- Strong experience in prototyping and data analysis programming languages (MATLAB, Python)
- Proficiency in C++
- Proficiency in Vehicle Dynamics
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.