Senior Technical Product Manager- Autonomy Integration
Foster City, CA /
Software – Technical Product Management /
Zoox is transitioning from research and development to an operational business with a public-facing product. A key internal product is the autonomy software system as the “driver” and its capabilities can be broken down into several driving behavior clusters. As an Autonomy Integration Manager you will be the accountable owner of one or more driving behavior clusters across the company. You will be responsible for orchestrating complex projects cross-functionally with autonomy software engineering, product, metrics, safety and user research. This role gives you high visibility within the company and is critical for successfully launching our autonomous driving software.
- Define readiness criteria and goals for a driving behavior cluster.
- Define how a driving behavior cluster can be broken down into sub-clusters and prioritize those based on upcoming milestones.
- Define metrics to measure driving behavior cluster’s readiness.
- Work with software and metrics engineering teams to align on technical solutions and priorities.
- Be the key interface to other teams and organizations within Zoox in order to drive two-way collaboration that solves product problems with minimum churn to the engineering teams.
- Work with the teams to develop driving behavior cluster roadmaps that anticipate and address critical needs of the business before they become critical gaps.
- 3+ years of technical product management experience, ideally in the field of robotics or software.
- Strategy and leadership skills; Collaborate with internal partners and users to solve complex cross-functional problems. Use your influence to generate great outcomes.
- Established skills in distilling ambiguous problem spaces into compelling product visions.
- Technical background (degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience).
- 5+ years of technical product management experience.
- Experience developing robotics products.
- Experience developing autonomous vehicle software.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $190,000 to $240,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.