AI Verification Engineer
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Autonomy Software Analysis Tools /
Zoox is looking for an AI verification engineer to help analyze and evaluate online and offline data in order to justify and enable this driverless future. In this role, you will fuel our verification & validation efforts through mass simulation and data analysis and work with cross-functional teams to mine data, create statistical models of the real world, generate simulations, and draw conclusions from large datasets. Your work will be highly visible and identify areas for improvement in our stack to directly accelerate the development of software driving on public roads.
- Mine driving logs and build models of real-world data
- Create models of how other people and drivers behave
- Quantitatively measure the performance of our AI stack
- Develop algorithms and methods to drive targeted simulations and analyses in high-dimensional space
- Analyze real-world and simulated data to evaluate stack performance
- Fluency in Python
- Master’s Degree in statistics, mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative area
- 5+ years of industry experience in data science or complex system evaluation
- Experience with efficient processing and mining of large datasets
- Experience with industry tooling and best practices: GitHub, production-level coding, scientific libraries and visualization tools, etc.
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Ability to empathize & effectively communicate with teammates of different backgrounds
- PhD Degree in a quantitative area with a strong focus on statistics
- Strong command of probability and statistics
- Strong machine learning fundamentals
- Experience with reinforcement learning
- Rigorous verification campaign experience
- C++ experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.