AI Verification Engineer
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Verification & Validation
Zoox’s mission is to create autonomous mobility from the ground up. The System Design and Mission Assurance team is responsible for developing the framework to declare our platform safe for public roads.
We are seeking a strong programmer to fuel our verification & validation efforts through mass-simulation and data analysis. You will work with cross-functional teams to mine data, create statistical models of the real world, generate simulations and draw conclusions from large datasets. Your work will identify areas for improvement in our stack and directly accelerate the development of software driving on public roads.
- Mine data and develop models against real-world and simulated data
- Create new simulations to verify stack performance
- Fabricate pipelines to automate verification testing
- Build analytical tools to draw conclusions from large datasets
- Document tools and code for other engineers to leverage
- Fluency in Python
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of work experience with technical systems, building pipelines and/or creating analysis or simulation tools
- Experience with databases and large datasets
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience with Industry Tooling & Best Practices: GitHub & CI/CD development
- Ability to empathize & effectively communicate with teammates of different backgrounds
- C++ experience
- Command of multivariable statistics
- Familiarity of machine learning concepts
- Experience with reinforcement learning
- Rigorous verification campaign experience
- Experience with TensorFlow or other Deep Learning Software Packages
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.