Systems Engineer - Trajectory Management
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Systems Engineering /
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the functional safety and system design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to-end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
The Trajectory Management Systems Engineer is responsible for envisioning, creating, and validating the framework that guarantees that each new trajectory proposal will continue the mission, and be as safe as possible. This means: cultivating a deep understanding of vehicle dynamics and trajectory creation, creating a robust method of defining trajectory safety, understanding interdisciplinary interactions and tradeoffs, and finally verifying and validating your work products.
- Develop requirements for the trajectory management and validation algorithms
- Conduct vehicle dynamics analysis and simulation to assess interactions and ensure consistency between trajectory planning and trajectory execution
- Develop validation methods, tools and solutions based on real world data and simulation
- Develop and execute test plans to support verification and validation of requirements
- M.S. or higher degree in Controls, Robotics, or Systems Engineering
- 2+ years experience with vehicle dynamics, closed loop control system, simulation, path planning
- Analytical skills and experience with scripting or programming language such as Python
- Development of tools for processing large datasets
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Expertise with automotive control or trajectory planning systems
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion, DOORS or Jama
- Familiarity with ISO 21448 and ISO 26262
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.