Senior Operations Analyst
Foster City, CA
Fleet Operations – Alpha Operations
Our Alpha Ops team’s responsibility is the safe, effective, and efficient testing and validation of Zoox’s autonomous driving software, data collection, mapping and other related tasks. To do this Zoox deploys a fleet of vehicles at multiple locations operated by a trained staff.
In the Operations Analyst role, you will be responsible for the analysis, understanding, and presentation of the logistical, operational, and financial parameters of vehicle and personnel resources to the Executive Office, to lateral organizations, and to the Vehicle Operations team itself. You will work closely with our operations teams to determine allocation strategies that help optimize working capital and ensure our vehicle assets are deployed and utilized in the most effective manner. Your attention to detail and innovative thinking will enable us to create processes and workflows to efficiently manage the daily operations of a growing fleet and operations staff.
The successful candidate is technically strong, relentlessly drives out inefficiencies in everything they do, is innovative and can communicate complex financial topics in an accessible format. You will be part of a collaborative team operating in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Provide accurate and insightful analysis and reporting of regional stock balances based on aligned criteria and metrics.
- Present data in a clear format for presentations and regular KPI reviews Monitor business activities and prepare high quality analysis and summaries for senior management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborate with our Vehicle Operations management team on the allocation and cycle timing of our Operating Fleet
- Create ad-hoc analysis, reports and dashboards as business needs arise, and ensure reliability of all dashboards and queries as processes and priorities change
- Work cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization (i.e. Service, Logistics, and Engineering) to coordinate the status of vehicles in various stages of the “bring up” process
- Responsibility for importing and maintaining data within our internal systems.
- Minimum 5 years related work in accounting, inventory planning, finance, operations, consulting or other analytical roles
- Strong quantitative critical thinking skills with advanced knowledge of Excel and data concepts
- Aptitude to quickly learn new systems/technical applications. Experience with business intelligence software (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to form solid relationships cross-functionally.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks based on demand despite changes in work scope or focus
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high degree of ambiguity
- Ability to clearly document and communicate complex reporting issues to all levels of personnel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Open-minded, collaborative and team-oriented attitude with the ability to think outside the box for solutions to complex challenges
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.