Foster City, CA
Finance – Finance
The Vehicle Program Finance team is responsible for maintaining and updating the financial plan for Zoox's vehicle development efforts. This includes but is not limited to Engineering Design and Development (ED&D), capital equipment, production tooling, and bill of material (BOM).
The Financial Analyst will support the full cycle semiannual financial forecasting process and analysis in support of strategic initiatives. They will assist in implementation and management of planning and analytics tools, analyze historical and projected performance, and develop data-driven metrics and score-cards for the Vehicle Development teams.
This person must be very organized and experienced in financial analysis. They should be able and willing to roll up their sleeves to understand and document the financial requirements of Zoox’s Vehicle Development program. They will be working closely with multiple cost center managers to estimate future costs and analyze historical expenditures for the vehicle program.
- Will support the full cycle semiannual financial forecasting process and analysis in support of strategic initiatives.
- Maintain the current status and forecast for the department budget
- Gather approved Engineering Change Request costs and update the ECR status and forecast
- Collaborate with the Finance Cost Engineer to establish cost targets for production part investment and per piece part cost
- Support the Vehicle Development team with raising Purchase Requisitions(PRs) as needed
- Prepare a monthly Vehicle Program Finance report for executive review
- Ad-hoc analysis in support of strategic initiatives
- 2+ years’ experience in an FP&A role.
- Demonstrated success in advanced financial modeling and analysis including annual budget, rolling forecast, capital budgeting, long-term strategic planning
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations and transform them into easily understood and compelling presentations
- High proficiency with several data and analytics tools (e.g., Excel, Adaptive Insights, Tableau).
- Solid financial acumen and highly proficient in accounting/financial principles
- Independently motivated, a collaborative team player, and adaptable to different
- situations and personalities
- Cost accounting/Bill of Material experience and expertise in transportation, automotive, and manufacturing a strong plus
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.