Sensor Systems Engineer
Foster City, CA
Engineering – Advanced Hardware
The Zoox sensor systems engineer should be highly self-driven and expected to work across the company in a cross-functional role. The goal is to translate high-level functional requirements into detailed specifications for an autonomous vehicle sensor suite. This specification will include the sensor type and sensor position. This candidate should have a strong grasp of the physics of electro-optical systems, including: cameras, lidar, and radar. In addition to software-based analysis, the sensor systems engineer will be expected to define, perform, and analyze the results of experiments conducted in the field.
- B.S. in Physics, Optics, Photonics
- 3+ years experience
- Deep technical understanding of the physics and fundamental technologies used in automotive camera, lidar, and radar systems
- Cross-functional collaboration to determine system requirements, through a combination of field testing or analysis
- Experience defining sensor selection and placement for autonomous vehicles
- MATLAB, Python, Optis (or comparable integrated raytracing tool)
- Comfortable preparing and presenting results to a cross-functional audience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.