System Design Intern
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – System Design
As a systems engineer intern at Zoox, you will be working with members of the Functional Safety and System Design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You will work on scenario derivation for safety analyses and perception requirements, and assess the safety of various scenarios.
This team is responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
Spring Semester Internship 2019 Accepting applications through December 1, 2018
For students able to start between January 1 and February 15 of 2019
Minimum of 15 week internship
Summer 2019 Internship Accepting applications through April 1, 2019
For students able to start between May 1 and June 15 of 2019
Minimum of 12 week internship
What you'll need
- Must be working toward your Master's or Doctorate degree in related program (Aerospace, Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems)
- Matlab (advanced knowledge)
- Python (basic knowledge)
- C++ (basic knowledge)
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Publications in your field
- Previous professional experience in the AV industry
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.