Hardware Test Engineer Internship/Co-op
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Test Engineering /
As an intern on the Advanced Hardware Engineering team, you'll be working alongside those that architect, design, and develop our state-of-the-art hardware systems required for enabling autonomous mobility. The hardware systems is comprised of engineering disciplines which work cohesively with the rest of the company for a successful product launch.
As an electrical test engineer at Zoox, you will be responsible for testing and verifying the performance of embedded ECUs (electronic control units) used in the Zoox autonomous vehicles, both on the bench, as well as under a variety of environmental conditions.We are looking for an engineers with a genuine passion for uncovering latent issues and bugs by diagnosing hardware, software, and process issues
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors.
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Understanding of analog and digital design
- Experience in debugging, testing embedded systems, and high speed electronics
- Familiarity with Linux, and shell scripting
- Programming experience in Python
- Experience with lab equipment including oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, VNA, TDR, etc.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.