Vehicle Interiors Intern
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As an intern on the Vehicle Interiors Team, you will be responsible for continuous improvements, and developing specifications for the interior and exterior parts of our vehicle. We're looking for someone who can help us investigate what it will take to optimize the design and cost of a given component, and to improve the durability specifications for some of our interior and exterior systems.
- Within 1 year of graduation (no later than 2021 graduation date)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Working towards a degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a high number of unknowns
- Engineering experience in the automotive industry
- Proficiency with Catia and Solidworks
- Experience with testing and validation
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.