Lead Product Security Engineer
Foster City, CA
Software – Product Security
As a leader on the product security team at Zoox, you will be responsible for building and leading the team tasked with designing and developing security-related functionality for vehicle software systems. You will be involved in a wide variety of cybersecurity work, including hands-on penetration testing, suggesting and implementing process and technology stack improvements, putting in place security-conscious software (and firmware/hardware) development practices, working with external vendors providing security and technology services, and defining the product security roadmap. You will be a resource, mentor, and leader of a small team of highly driven computer security professionals.
Examples include designing and implementing secure boot and network authentication schemes across compute modules of varied capabilities; building and supporting binary artifact signing infrastructure; conceiving Identity and Access Management (IAM) schemes for end users, operations personnel and embedded modules; a Key Management System (KMS) that works across vehicles and cloud infrastructure; vehicle attack surface analysis and mitigation; secure software development practices and analysis.
- BS / MS in Computer Science or similar degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Broad comparative understanding of operating systems, networking technologies, and specific implementations---especially from a computer security perspective
- Strong background in C / C++ programming in Linux environments
- Proven experience in product security leadership and ownership
- Clear public profile, and clear dedication to company mission
- Demonstrated ability to cope with complexity and find elegant solutions that strike the right balance between security and overall business goals
- PhD in Computer Security, or high-profile cyber-security track record, such as sustained product security leadership at companies known for their dynamic and technically rigorous environment
- Demonstrated experience securing safety critical embedded systems of varied degrees of complexity
- Meaningful experience with security in automotive or aerospace environments
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.