Mechanical Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
As a Test Engineer on Zoox’s Mechatronics team, you will be responsible for the set up and execution of various tests on Zoox Electro-Mechanical components and sub-systems. In addition to preparing test articles, installing test equipment and instrumentation, and executing tests according to test procedures.
Testing will be required on various systems to evaluate system performance, noise and vibration, thermal characterization, strength, and durability. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these areas to support these testing activities, and work close together with the responsible engineering lead.
- Design and develop test fixtures that will fully exercise various sensors and integrated hardware
- Develop instrumentation maps and work with various data acquisition systems to collect the required data
- Establish and oversee safe operating procedures and test fixtures utilization
- Set up data acquisition for monitoring test, and analysis of this data after testing
- Execute mechanical and environmental testing (e.g. shock, vibe, thermal, etc.)
- Analyze test results and write detailed test reports
- Coordinate with in-house and out of house resources as needed
- If needed, work with design teams to conduct failure analysis, develop, implement and validate any required mitigations
- A degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, or similar
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks or CATIA preferred)
- Experience with environmental test and durability testing
- Basic programming skills to support setup of data acquisition and analysis tasks
- Understanding of electrics vehicle subsystems and powertrains is a plus
- Network protocols like CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.