Depth Camera Signal Processing Engineer
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Digital Signal Processing /
At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, machine learning, localization, computer vision, and simulation. You’ll master new technologies while working on code, algorithms, and research in your area of expertise to create and refine key systems and move Zoox forward.
We are looking for individuals with experience in Image signal processing to join the signal processing team at Zoox. You will work on developing an end to end system for cutting edge computational camera technology. You will be expected to work closely with our perception, hardware and sensor teams to develop new 3D image processing algorithms.
- Minimum of 2 years of academic or industry experience in developing signal processing algorithms for ToF depth cameras
- Experience in designing, choosing and optimizing Image Signal Processing (ISP) and computer vision algorithms
- Solid background in image and video signal processing techniques including 2D and 3D filtering techniques, denoising, image enhancement, spatial filtering, exposure control and High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging
- Experience in camera and depth sensor calibration, temperature compensation and depth correction
- Experience on developing algorithms in DSP and/or GPU environments
- Software development skills in C/C++, Python and/or Matlab
- Experience in depth sensing and related algorithm development
- Software and algorithm development experience in Unix/Linux environments
- MS or PhD in a relevant degree (CS/CE, EE, ME etc.)
- Experience in system level end-to-end prototype design and characterization
- Experience in computational geometry and pattern recognition. Experience with hardware bring-up, debug and measurements
- Experience in working with digital signal processors, microcontrollers and FPGAs
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.