Electronics Test Engineer
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Vehicle Systems Engineering
You will be part of the EE Systems and Powertrain team in Vehicle Engineering and working closely with the electrical engineers throughout the design cycle of in-house developed electronics for Zoox’s robots. Your focus will span from defining test plans, designing test fixtures and executing component level testing. You will use internal and external standards to define appropriate test conditions. You will also be involved in root causing test failures and driving design solutions.
- Write detailed test plans and procedures for design validation tests
- Develop test scripts and test fixtures to support validation testing of our ECU’s
- Develop instrumentation maps and work with various data acquisition systems to collect the required data
- Analyze test results, and write detailed test reports
- If needed, work with design teams to conduct failure analysis, develop, implement and validate any required mitigations
- Procure and/or develop test equipment needed to operate test articles in representative load cases
- BS in ME, EE, Mechatronics, or similar
- Experience in testing automotive or consumer electronics
- Experience programming Python
- Experience with Altium or equivalent PCB CAD package
- Experience with hardware interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN, RS232, Ethernet
- Experience with mechanical, thermal, or other environmental testing
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solid Works or CATIA preferred)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.