Foster City, CA
Software – Infrastructure
As an intern on the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for solving challenging distributed systems problems, scaling state of the art algorithms, working with cutting edge hardware, and pushing systems to their limits. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to build out the infrastructure and tools to manage Zoox's pipeline of vehicle data & telemetry which is central to development workflows across all of Zoox software. With your help, the Infrastructure team will pursue end-to-end responsibility for capturing, validating, storing, querying, and serving robot data.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors (graduating no later than 2021)
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Fluency in C / C++, or Python
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematics skills
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.