Firmware Validation Engineer - Robot Motion
Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
The Firmware Validation Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and tracking progress of firmware validation tests, specialized in verification of Robot Motion. This role requires a candidate passionate about learning how things work to the point of breaking them. The ideal candidate has proven experience testing in a team environment focused on one or more of the following: drive systems, vehicle localization, motion planning algorithms, and probabilistic decision-making software. Our team uses Software Engineering best practices to validate firmware with automation. Join us if you want to develop cutting edge and state of the art automation techniques in the exciting autonomous vehicle industry!
- Validate motion planning and tracking algorithms, and localization for Level 5 vehicles
- Validate that the vehicles are operating within the safety specifications set by the Safety Assurance team
- Write comprehensive test plans based on requirements
- Develop and implement automated tests on complex embedded systems
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency
- Review tests written by teammates and cross-functional team members
- Analyze real-world logs and develop strategies for simulating and replaying scenarios against our test platforms
- BS in Computer Science, Mechatronics Engineering, or relevant engineering discipline
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Object-oriented programming experience in Python and/or C++
- Experience in at least one of the following: vehicle localization validation, trajectory planning and tracking validation, or collision avoidance algorithms
- Experience developing programmatic solutions leveraging linear algebra, mathematics, and geometry
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (Robot, pytest, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment systems
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.