Validation Engineer - Hardware in the Loop Simulation
Foster City, CA
Software – Motion Planning & Control
Zoox has embarked on a highly ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for our cities. Hardware in the Loop (HIL) Simulation is a high-leverage team interacting with all elements of the AI software stack, plus the vehicle’s sensors and compute hardware.
We are responsible for ensuring the Zoox codebase is safe, reliable, and performant, by implementing automated tests, measuring performance on real hardware before it reaches the vehicle, and building systems that allow for rapid prototyping of both hardware and software.
You will be the founding validation engineer for this team! If you’re looking for a role where you get to work across the entire AI, sensor, and compute stacks for an autonomous vehicle, and have an enormous impact, this role is for you.
- Implement processes to scale our HIL infrastructure by an order of magnitude
- Write, implement, and execute system verification and validation test plans for new hardware/software on our HIL machines
- Debug complex system level issues
- Interact with software and hardware engineers across the company to resolve subsystem specific issues
- Maintain our HIL machines and HIL configuration alignment in a rapidly changing environment
- 3+ years of professional experience as an Electrical Engineer or equivalent
- Experience with Hardware in Loop systems
- Ability to understand complex hardware/software systems and interactions
- Ability to debug and maintain systems with multiple sensors and computers
- Strong communication skills and ability to make arguments via data
- Passion for autonomous vehicles or mobile robots
- Robotics startup experience
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.