Program Manager, Vehicle Development Process
Foster City, CA /
Vehicle Development – Program Management /
Zoox is developing autonomous driving from the ground up, including the development of a unique vehicle tailored to autonomous driving. The Vehicle Program team is responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered on-time, to budget and to a very high quality standard.
Reporting to the Vehicle Program Director; the Program Manager, Vehicle DevelopmentProcess will act as the lead for the development of lean processes supporting the engineering development activities within the Vehicle Engineering team.
- Continuously assess the Vehicle Engineering team’s current and future workload, processes and tasks with a focus on maximizing efficiency and maintaining effectiveness.
- Have a good understanding of existing IT tools in order to determine the most efficient means of effectively supporting Vehicle Engineering Processes.
- Build a roadmap for VE Process development to show how systems and processes will evolve over time based on program demands.
- Work in coordination with cross-functional teams to scope, design, pilot, deploy and communicate process updates and improvements.
- Undertake program management of aspects of the vehicle program from time to time as needed.
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management in the automotive industry.
- Experience in vehicle development at all stages; product ideation, design, release, prototyping, validation, launch and production.
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts).
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks.
- Experience and interest in process development and implementation.
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment.
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.