Hardware Software Integration Internship/Co-op
Foster City, CA /
Software – Hardware Systems Integration /
The Hardware Software Integration team at Zoox is responsible for ensuring various hardware subsystems work reliably on our vehicle platform on a day-to-day basis. To achieve that goal, the HWSI team is responsible for building and maintaining advanced testing frameworks for Hardware, Software and Embedded Firmware.
We have opportunities on our Testing Automation, and Platforms teams; candidates will be matched to the team that best fits their skill set and interests.
The Testing Automation team is developing software and infrastructure to enable functional testing of vehicle components at the module level as well as the fully vehicle level.
The Platforms team is developing critical test infrastructure software and also ensuring that the platform continues to grow in a manageable and sustainable fashion under evolving requirements.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
Test Automation Qualifications
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience testing systems in a team environment focused on hardware functionality
- Hardware Test Automation experience
- Lab Automation experience
Platforms Systems Qualifications
- EE experience with hardware (designing, testing, debugging boards)
- Hands-on skills using instrumentation tools, characterization
- Experience in Python (relevant to automating testing)
- Involvement in campus clubs (robotics projects, IEEE projects)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.