Senior Mechanical Engineer; Thermal
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Mechanical Engineering /
Our team is responsible for the design and development of sensor and computer hardware for our autonomous vehicle. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and excited to work as an exceptional mechanical design engineer. In this role you will be asked to design and analyze thermal and mechanical components and assemblies for our custom sensor and computer systems.
- Design mechanical and thermal components and assemblies for medium to high production volumes
- Perform thermal, modal, and structural analyses to validate designs
- Work with manufacturing engineers and technicians to create work instructions for mechanical subsystems
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, and get design feedback
- At least 10 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with electronics packaging design and analysis
- Experience with thermal system design and analysis
- Finite Element Analysis experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Can work independently but isn’t afraid to ask for help from others
- Hands-on fabrication experience
- CFD Analysis experience
- Experience in mechanical and thermal system test
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.