Foster City, CA
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Electrical Engineering
As an SI/PI engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering, you will provide design guidance and perform analysis on the high speed control modules in Zoox’s autonomous vehicle platform. We are looking for an engineer who is enthusiastic, innovative, and passionate about the future of mobility and is keen to maintain a system level understanding of Zoox’s autonomous vehicles.
- Perform simulation and analysis of SI and PI for high speed systems
- Perform full PDN simulation for network switches, compute hardware, and cameras
- Provide design guidance and review for signal and power integrity
- Hands-On analysis and troubleshooting of SI and PI issues across a complex system of high speed interfaces and harnesses
- Interpret relevant standards and provide requirements for SI related aspects of design, e.g. link budgets
- Design/layout/characterization of test vehicles and engineering samples for characterization of S parameters and cross talk for high speed buses and interfaces (DDR3/4, PCIe, SATA, GMSL, SGMII, etc.)
- Perform simulation and analysis to ensure EMC compliance
- 5+ years practical work experience in SI analysis, SI and EM simulation, testing, design/layout/characterization of for high speed buses (DDR3/4, PCIe, SATA, GMSL, SGMII, etc.), and troubleshooting (hands on in the lab)
- Experience in SI simulation in ADS, ADS, ANSYS HFSS, Mentor Hyperlynx, or Cadence Sigrity
- Familiarity with EE lab equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, VNA, near field probes, power supply, electronic load, etc)
- Experience with correct probing and characterization techniques for frequencies > 6 GHz
- PCB layout in Altium Designer or Allegro
- BS, MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience releasing electronic modules in high volume manufacturing
- Experience designing/architecting automotive ECUs
- Experience designing products for automotive EMC compliance (CISPR 25, ISO-7637, ISO-11452, etc.)
- Familiarity with Linux, Git and Python
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.