Foster City, CA /
Software – Perception /
Our Prediction team’s role is to provide a probabilistic representation of the future state of the world; in particular, understanding what other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists will do next. We leverage both high quality sensor data and high level semantic information to produce data-driven models of the future. This representation is tightly integrated into our planning software to deliver a safe and smooth customer experience.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Advanced understanding of C++
- Experience with production ML pipelines: dataset creation, labeling, training, metrics
- Experience with Neural Network design and implementation
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.