Foster City, CA
Operations – Base Operations
The Technical Illustrator on the Zoox BaseOps team will provide image services for BaseOps publications, including service bulletins, service manuals, and emergency-responder manuals. They will work with the Technical Writer and other members of the BaseOps team to produce clean, clear image assets that have a consistent design and Zoox-centric look and feel.
- Create complex graphics, charts, two and three dimensional drawings for use in technical documents and publications
- Create exploded views of assemblies
- Create illustrations from photographs
- Participate in the validation process of illustrations
- Be responsible of the information exchange between the teams, maintaining a common look and feel to all illustrations produced
- Participate in technical meetings with the members of the project
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a technical illustrator
- Proficient in Catia v5, Solidworks, Keyshot, Blender
- Proficiency in Adobe software, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to visualize 3D perspective from 2D drawings
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and a team player attitude
- Ability to multi-task and manage workload to achieve project deliverable deadlines
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.