Verification and Validation Engineer - Autonomous Systems
Foster City, CA
System Design and Mission Assurance – Mission Assurance
As a systems engineer at Zoox, you will be working with members of the functional safety and system design teams to develop and deploy systems that enable and support autonomous driving. You are responsible for ensuring these systems are developed within a process that results in end-to- end traceability of both functional safety targets and product requirements.
- Perform system level verification and validation
- Work with hardware and software item designers to review testing methodologies and work products to ensure safety compliance
- Use specific verification methods such as formal analysis to ensure compliance
- Use statistical analysis methods to determine component failure rates within acceptable confidence levels
- Review work products such as HARAs, FTAs, FMEAs, FMEDAs for completeness, correctness, consistency and testability
- Plan, prepare, generate, and execute system level hardware and software testing, including hardware-in-the-loop and on-vehicle testing
- Help to define and execute automotive systems certifications
- System level functional hazard analysis and validation
- System validation experience according to standards such as: ISO-26262, ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254, IEC 61508
- Coding standards and static/dynamic code checkers
- Formal verification methods
- Completeness, correctness, consistency, testability verification
- Statistical data analysis based validation methods
- Preferred: FAA “DER” qualification and experience
- Automotive systems certification experience
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.