Senior/Staff Electrical Engineer, Compute
Foster City, CA /
Advanced Hardware Engineering – Hardware Engineering /
Zoox's Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. In this role, you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital and embedded systems in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
- Provide electrical engineering leadership for high performance Compute modules
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams (software, mechanical, integration) to ensure product success
- Able to drive the team to consensus in a dynamic environment
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or equivalent and 7+ years of professional work experience
- Minimum 7+ years of professional work experience
- Strong electrical engineering fundamentals
- Track record of successful product delivery
- Experience in board and system-level testing and characterization
- Working knowledge of circuit design and simulation tools
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills (both technical and organizational)
- Experience with both prototype and high-volume contact manufacturing including overseas
- Knowledge of x86/Compute architecture
- Experience in functional safety
- Experience in automotive/EV/AV/aerospace/space or similar industries
- Experience in various development models (JDM/OEM)
- Experience in software/automation development
- Hands-on lab experience such as soldering, and experience with lab equipment (power supplies, signal generators, oscilloscopes)
- Familiarity with common industry technologies and protocols including I2C, UART, SPI, CAN, LIN, USB
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $180,000 to $296,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.