Project Manager, Prototyping
Foster City, CA /
Manufacturing Operations – Prototyping /
As a Project Manager on our Prototyping team, you'll be working closely with our team leads to define and manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to drive continuous improvement. You’ll be working with IT and our department Program Managers to develop and implement the tools needed to continuously monitor and report our effectiveness. A successful applicant in this role should be knowledgeable in process development and optimization, comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and have unswerving attention to detail.
We're looking for someone who has experience in data analytics and speaks the technical language, but also has a passion for the organization, optimization, and maintenance of tracking and reporting, and is comfortable coordinating and communicating with teams across the company.
- Work with team leads to develop KPIs and metrics to define our team’s effectiveness and current status of projects and workload.
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on team progress, risks and accomplishments.
- Manipulate and analyze large and complex data sets to distill insights from data; connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations for the organization
- Work with IT and business leaders to develop the digital tools necessary to capture data relevant to KPIs, progress, and budget spend.
- Work with team members to identify areas of opportunity to advance efficiency and productivity, and where possible drive to implement improvements.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in engineering or business
- 2-3 years professional experience
- Strong reporting and communication skills
- Experience with developing data analytics tools and processes from scratch
- MBA or related management degree program
- Experience in manufacturing or prototype environments
- Experience with ERP or material planning systems
- Proficient in JIRA, Confluence
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note: You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.