Program Manager, Vehicle System Validation
Foster City, CA
Vehicle Development – Program Management
Zoox is developing autonomous driving from the ground up, including the development of a unique vehicle tailored to autonomous driving. The Vehicle Program team is responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered on-time, to budget and to a very high quality standard.
The Program Manager, Vehicle System Validation will report to the Vehicle Program Director and act as a central point of coordination for all vehicle system and subsystem level validation activity. You will work with the Vehicle System Engineering teams to ensure a consistent approach to test planning, execution, status tracking and reporting, as well as leading the initiative to deliver this substantial body of work efficiently in terms of effort, time and cost.
- Work with vehicle system teams to ensure their validation plans are aligned to the overall vehicle program
- Coordinate the planning, definition and budgeting of vehicle system validation test assets and test material, and in that capacity, identify and exploit opportunities for efficiencies relating to testing activities, test platform quantity and cost
- Work with the Vehicle System Engineering teams and coordinate with Vehicle Integration to develop and maintain a common planning and reporting format to aid program level review of status and forecast (cost, timing and deliverables)
- Be the program level escalation path for vehicle system validation issues
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or program management relating to product validation
- Significant experience of validation planning and execution in an automotive environment
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong track-record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Proficiency using JIRA to capture and track engineering development tasks
- Experience and interest in process development and implementation
- Experience in a highly dynamic start-up environment
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.