Foster City, CA
Finance – Facilities
As Facility Manager, you will be responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of multiple Bay Area facilities. The types of space range from standard office to R&D/Manufacturing space to service stations and other unique functions in our diverse portfolio. This position will deliver best-in-class services that optimize our user and visitor experiences each day. You will set high standards and advance great services while providing safe, clean and well-functioning spaces for our employees.
You will report to the Senior Manager of Facilities and will directly oversee multiple facilities technicians, coordinators and associated vendors. A successful candidate will be someone that loves creating and maintaining cutting-edge spaces and services. You will have strong technical skills, customer service focus and have an open/dynamic executive presence.
While operational detail and management is the focus- engagement in all aspects of design and construction is also preferred. Our team is tight and nimble and we expect cross-collaboration across departmental functions. The ability to handle small projects will be expected.
- Engage with-and build strong bonds with Senior Management (and all Zoox employees) so that services are optimized and the overall experiences exceed expectations
- Manage all facilities related outside vendor service contracts at assigned site(s). Examples include janitorial, landscaping, waste management and building system preventative maintenance.
- Perform quarterly reviews with vendors to ensure alignment of scope and pricing
- Conduct Request for Proposals (RFP) for new vendor contracts as needed
- Process all vendor purchase requests and invoices through Zoox accounting system. Ensure proper cost codes are used.
- Obtain pricing and oversee minor tenant improvement activities. Scopes generally include projects with single trade and/or less than $100K in costs.
- Develop and effectively manage site annual budget. Produce monthly financial and operational reports and additional reports as requested. Build budget forecasts and make recommendations based on spending trends.
- Receive and triage maintenance/repair work orders and assign to facilities technicians. Ensure work orders
- Keep accurate records of current space conditions including roof, utilities and safety equipment
- Maintain a complete and up to date employee Right-to-Know program
- Perform monthly facilities inspections and prepare and maintain reports
- Collaborate with EHS team to maintain plan for fire evacuation and disaster response. Serve as primary site lead for Emergency Response Team.
- Ensure that EHS procedures are being implemented and issues are being resolved
- Coordinate and manage moves, adds and changes activities in collaboration with space planning team
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal clients and site leadership to ensure their needs are met. Maintain positive customer relations by being flexible to meet the needs and demands of a constantly changing work environment.
- High School Diploma
- 7+ years of relevant facilities management experience, preferably in sites greater than 50K SF
- 2+ years’ experience having primary responsibility for a site
- Working knowledge of building systems & maintenance (HVAC, fire life safety, lighting, electrical, plumbing, EV charging stations, etc.)
- Experience managing and coaching a team both locally and remotely
- CA Driver’s License with good driving record
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Strong organizational, planning, delegation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to prepare operating budgets and capital plans
- Ability to manage vendor, develop bid specifications and negotiate prices and services
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles as well as the ability to calculate simple figures
- Working knowledge of regulatory agency requirements
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to work well with ever-changing priorities and or situations
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, and related documents.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience using work order systems and other CAFM systems.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more may be required occasionally.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- CFM, FMP or similar certification
- Experience in the areas of security, safety, emergency preparedness and environmental health
- Ability to operate Facilities vehicles and warehouse equipment, including forklift and pallet jacks
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.