Project Manager, Places and Build
Foster City, CA
Finance – Facilities
As Real Estate Project Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the design and construction of Zoox various leased real estate assets ranging from $100K to $20M+. These assets include office, manufacturing, R&D, testing and service locations as well as various employee amenities such as full commercial kitchens/cafes and gyms. You will own the project deliverables beginning with lease commencement all the way though occupancy and project close out. Tasks include but are not limited to design development, vendor selection, project oversight, change management and overall risk mitigation.
The role is highly strategic and requires someone able to adjust to frequent changes. A successful person in this role will be passionate about all things related to development (real estate, design, numbers, schedules, contracts, etc.). You will get satisfaction from creating innovative and creative space for cutting edge technology to develop.
- Responsible for leading one or more capital construction projects from initiation to close-out
- Manage all facets of a project (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) during all phases including planning, design, construction, occupancy and closeout
- Engage during site selection and due diligence periods to understand existing building conditions and lease terms to help develop realistic preliminary schedules and budgets
- Partner with key internal teams such as EH&S, Security, Culinary, and Space Planning to develop project plans that meet the company’s growth requirements
- Develop and recommend project delivery method (Design-Build, Design-Bid-Build or other)
- Lead the selection and recommendation of the Architect, General Contractor and any other specialty subconsultants/subcontractors through detailed RFP process
- Complete bid review and analysis and make formal recommendations to senior leadership for capital funding approvals
- Create and maintain the project budget, including securing internal approvals for capital funding
- Prepare and coordinate project reviews for internal teams at all project phases including conceptual, schematic, design development and construction phases
- Serve as primary point of contact for all extended and external project team members from lease execution through project turnover
- Engage and maintain a positive working relationship with the local jurisdictions/departments
- Engage with internal customers, demonstrating your ability to drive consensus and compromise when needed.
- Communicate project information and updates to employees and leadership
- Create and monitor control systems for cost estimates, value engineering, budgets, schedules and change orders
- Review and approve all contractor and vendor draws against approved POs
- Provide management with a monthly status report, including financial reporting for ongoing projects
- Drive both internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines as required per the project schedule
- 7+ years of industry experience with 3 years of direct corporate design/construction project management
- Experience leading commercial projects greater than $10M
- Extensive knowledge of current SF Bay Area construction market
- Experience building complex & technical projects such as data centers, manufacturing lines, commercial kitchens, EV charging infrastructure, etc.
- Experience working in multi-tenant buildings
- Ability to read & comprehend architectural and engineering drawings
- Ability to read & comprehend contracts and other legal documents
- Knowledge of construction industry best practices, building codes and ADA codes
- General knowledge of various MEP systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce and maintain project budgets and schedules and conduct financial analysis
- Ability to produce and deliver effective and persuasive presentations and project status reports for senior management
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects at one time while maintaining priorities
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to think creatively and to provide non-standard solutions
- Ability to balance customer expectations with project reality
- Ability to identify risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a related field such as Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering preferred
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.