Foster City, CA
Product & Experience – UI/UX Design
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer who is part designer, part design researcher, and part prototyper. You must be able to explore, conceptualize, and communicate new experiences that have never been conceived of or even possible - experiences spanning hardware, software, and the environment.
- Working with Product Managers and Designers to understand and define the problem space
- Researching areas that will help inform and guide designs
- Understand behaviors, needs, and context of users as well as human factors and people’s psychological qualities to build experiences
- Conceptualizing new interactions, experiences, and data visualizations for real-time, high performing, mission critical experiences
- Bringing early concepts to life through moodboards, storyboarding, brainstorming, user scenarios, and concept sketches
- Prototyping and testing your hypotheses and designs
- Communicating your ideas clearly
- Pushing the boundaries of current technology to create new possibilities
- Collaborating with engineers to bring your designs to life
- Translating designs into engineering and business requirements
- Be able to see the big picture but pay attention to fine details
- Be highly ambitious, self-directed, and organized.
- 5+ years of industry experience; expertise in human factors, human-computer interaction, human-robot interaction, or ergonomics
- Have reference projects demonstrating systems thinking across a variety of formats such as voice, audio, touch, gesture interactions, websites, apps, interactive spaces, VR/AR, etc...
- Have experience designing and shipping consumer products
- Have experience with design/prototyping software such as InDesign, Illustrator, Keynote, InVision, Balsamiq, etc...
- Be passionate about exploring emerging technologies
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.