Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Simulation Operations
Foster City, CA /
Software – Simulation /
The Zoox simulation team has a critical mission: to be able to answer the question, "Is Zoox's autonomous driving software safe?" This work is critical for scaling autonomous driving in a safe and reliable way, and we run millions of simulations every week.
You will be a key member of the simulation team, helping to ensure reliability and scalability of the simulation framework. You will work cross-functionally, with other simulation engineers and the QA and infrastructure teams, to monitor and improve our validation pipelines and services so that they remain efficient and reliable as we run ever-increasing numbers of simulations.
- Implement and improve processes and tools to monitor correct operation and performance of the validation pipelines
- Troubleshoot pipeline failures and drive resolution
- Create metrics and dashboards to facilitate a data-driven approach to product and process improvements
- Provide operational expertise and guidance to the simulation team
- Work with key simulation users to ensure that their operational requirements are being met
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering for large, complex products
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as ArgoCD, Jenkins, Bamboo and GitHub Enterprise
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes or EKS
- Experience with monitoring and visualization tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Proficiency with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience developing web applications
- Great communication skills
- Experience with Bazel or similar build systems
- Programming experience with C++
- AWS experience, and ideally certification
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $185,000 to $265,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.