Software Engineer - Verification & Validation
Foster City, CA /
Software – Perception /
Come and be part of a world-class perception team, and help us in our mission to ship a ground-up fully autonomous robot in dense urban environments. It is widely understood that one of the key unsolved problems to full autonomy is how to prove the robots are safe in all circumstances within certain operational design domains (ODD), and as a perception verification and validation engineer you will lead the effort in solving this puzzle. You can choose to work on one or more aspects such as developing validation strategies and metrics definitions using your statistical reasoning skills, designing complex systems for large-scale data mining to go through petabytes of data, and building up frontend interfaces for engineers and management to understand current progress and iterate.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS, statistics, or relevant fields and 4 years of experience
- Proficient at-least two of these languages: Python, SQL, C++, R
- Passionate about solving challenging and open-ended problems
- Strong background in statistics
- Background in modern web microservices architectures (e.g. kubernetes, cozm)
- Experience with large-scale data mining or data science
- Experience with building internal tools to support critical company missions
- Experience with manual or automatic labeling pipelines
- Background in computer vision, perception, or signal processing
- Experience in interpretable or explainable machine learning research
- Experience with ISO26262, DO-178B/C, SOTIF
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.