System Engineer - Controls Simulations
Foster City, CA /
System Design and Mission Assurance – Systems Engineering /
We are seeking a controls engineer with strong simulation, analysis and validation experience. You will work with other members of the systems engineering team to analyze vehicle controllers and develop/validate performance requirements to support the vehicle safety case.
- Develop Python based tools for analysis of vehicle control systems
- Automate and run internally developed tools and CarMaker simulations for fault injection and performance requirements development
- Develop vehicle dynamics fault monitors
- Perform frequency analysis and tuning of integrated system level models
- Extract control system parameters (i.e. delays, etc.) from existing log files
- Validate control system models against HIL testing to support requirement derivation
- Troubleshoot test failures, identify root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Electrical or Computer Science (Masters preferred)
- Strong knowledge of control theory, mechanical and electrical control systems
- Strong knowledge of System ID and Frequency Analysis techniques
- Strong knowledge of vehicle handling, ride and tire dynamics
- Experience working with one or more of these tools: Carmaker, Carsim
- 3+ years experience with technical systems
- 3+ years experience with MATLAB/Simulink and Python
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience with C++
- Experience working with these tools: Vector CANalyzer, AB Dynamics Flex-0, OxTS RT3000, dSPACE MicroAutoBox, IPG CarMaker.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.