Release Engineer - Firmware
Foster City, CA /
Software – Embedded Software & Systems Integration /
The firmware team is responsible for the embedded software development of the Zoox vehicle's low level driving, body, and safety systems to provide a robust and highly automated vehicle platform for the autonomous driving software and rider software to build on. Shipping the software that powers Zoox's revolutionary autonomous vehicles is an extremely challenging job. In this role, you will have the opportunity to act as a force multiplier for the team by improving the build-and-release process. We are looking for engineers with strong technical backgrounds in build systems, version control, and continuous integration systems
- Scope releases and shepherd them through development and validation
- Regularly communicate and report on release status and key issues to management and across teams within the organization
- Define release readiness criteria and metrics, tracking release health, ensuring all changes meet the criteria prior to deployment
- Partner with stakeholders in engineering, project management, product and QA to iteratively refine and improve the release lifecycle process in a data-driven, solutions-oriented manner
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience working as release/ build engineer for large, complex products
- Solid understanding of source control (Git), branch management, and conflict resolution
- Experience with CI/CD including build and deploy tools like CircleCI, Jenkins, and Bamboo
- Programming experience including Python, or other scripting languages.
- Experience with change management systems (JIRA preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Experience with databases (PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Bazel experiences a plus.
- Competency in GSuite
Zoox is a robotics company developing fully-autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine-learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
A Final Note:You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.