San Francisco, CA
Fleet Operations – Technical Operations
The TeleOps Tactician is a multi-skilled position that is responsible for the development, testing and operation of the TeleOps system for Zoox robots. The position will oversee individual robots and work collaboratively with the robot to achieve specific goals. This job will be in a very fast paced work environment and involves heavy collaboration with other Tacticians as well as functions like UX, QA, fleet operations, and customer support.
- Responding and managing mission critical engagements with the robots
- Working collaboratively with robots to achieve certain tasks
- Providing feedback to managers and engineers on how to improve system
- Troubleshooting technical issues with the system
- BS/BA degree or 2+ years real-time operations experience
- Excellent computer skills and technically savvy
- Effective critical thinking during high-stress situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working directly with software engineers
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make a command decision and stand by it
- Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate off-hours testing
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.