TeleOps Tactician (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Fleet Operations – Technical Operations
As a TeleOps Tactician, you will fill a multi-skilled position and be responsible for feature development, testing, and operation of the remote monitoring and control system for Zoox’s autonomous vehicles. We're looking for someone who's comfortable operating in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, including cross-functional work with other teams within Zoox. Alongside the TeleOps team, you'll oversee new initiatives and strive to achieve the team's goals.
Our next Tactician will bring excellent communication skills, proactive thinking, and a positive attitude to our team-oriented workspace. If you're motivated by a challenge that's never been done before, Zoox is the perfect place to get your hands dirty!
- Effectively monitor autonomous vehicle operations
- Respond to, and manage critical mission needs
- Assist with testing and data collection
- Work closely with Software, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and Product teams to improve the TeleOperations system
- Help build out and organize data platforms and infrastructures
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Minimum 1 year experience in an operations role
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (background checks are conducted)
- Experience working with a cross-functional team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Analytics, or related field
- Basic knowledge of Slack, Linux, Git, and Software/QA testing
- Basic understanding of data structures
- Basic Quality Assurance testing experience and methods
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.