Software Engineer - Perception
Foster City, CA
Software – Perception
In this role, you'll help us build novel architectures for classifying and understanding the complex and dynamic environments in our cities. You'll have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms. We are creating new algorithms for segmentation, tracking, classification, and high-level scene understanding, and you could work on any (or all!) of those components.
We're looking for engineers with advanced degrees and experience building perception pipelines that work with real data in rapidly changing and uncertain environments.
- Masters degree in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C / C++
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Demonstrated ability to create functional realtime systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- Strong mathematics skills and understanding of probabilistic techniques
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA)
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. lidar, camera, radar)
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.)
- Solid understanding of ROS
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.